Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Flying By! (Whole30v2, Day 23)

It feels really weird that there are only 7 days left in this Whole30. I honestly don't think about it as much as I probably should; I've gotten into habits with cooking and eating so I don't have to obsess about it, and I haven't had any crying self-pitying "oh my god I NEED CANDY WAHHHH" moments like I thought I would.

Still haven't gotten into a good exercise regime yet. DAMN it. Tonight I am making Panda take a walk with me whether he likes it or not. ...or rather, I'll ask and if he doesn't want to, I'll put on headphones and do one of my C25K walk/ jog things.

St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays, partially because of my Irish roots (and the fact that I'm a confessed hibernophile) and partially because it's a fun celebratory holiday, huge in the USA without a lot of reference to the Saint himself (hooray! we love Irish people! let's get piefaced!!). I lived in Ireland and it didn't seem like as big a deal in Dublin as it does even in California (and NYC and Boston are way more into it, having many more generations of Irish immigrants). Basically it's treated as an Irish American holiday encouraging good times with good friends and good booze.

Sigh. I suck at scheduling. Day 31 I'm having a glass of whiskey. Oh, and several courses of junk food from the Old Spaghetti Factory. And one of those big chocolate chip cookies with the M&Ms in it.

Haha and then when I'm done feeling like death warmed over I'll start Whole30v3. :-p

ONE MORE WEEK.

No comments:

Post a Comment