Tuesday, March 24, 2015

It's the Final Countdown... (Whole30v2, Day 30)

Last day of my second Whole30. Definitely looking forward to a few days of treats, but not planning on overdoing it like last time. Blegh. That felt awful.

Definitely did not exercise as much as I had hoped. Ate breakfast most days, but not all, much to my shame.

Have been feeling melancholy and bitchy lately. Skin is still gross.

I am considering bumping up v3, to a Whole45. Seeing if I feel physically and mentally better if I bump it up by 50%. Still not sure yet. This way of eating is certainly sustainable long-term, but it's kind of boring, and one of the things that makes it attainable is the knowledge that a few days of treats are forthcoming.

Hoping hard for another 20lbs down. Didn't exercise as much, BUT also made different choices within the allowed foods. First Whole30 I ate many more sweet potatoes and starchy vegetables, whereas this time I opted for lower-glycemic and lower-carb ones. We'll see if that makes a difference. Biggest difference will be when I get off my fat ass and start jogging again.

Had a nice omelet with leftover Kalua pig and spicy "whole30" guacamole for dinner, and a big apple afterwards. Was massively craving almond butter but I'm trying to cut back...I recognize my peanut butter tendency of just sitting and eating half the jar mindlessly with a spoon, so after the last jar I figured I'd wait till I was done with this 30 days and revisit how I feel about it.

A few things I'm looking forward to enjoying on my treat days:

  • a cocktail or two
  • a burger from St. John's
  • a brownie sundae
  • one of those big soft cookies with the M&Ms in it
  • ...um... that's all I can think of right now.
One of the nice things about the Whole30 (both versions) is it kind of puts my manic cravings into hibernation. My mouth still waters for certain delicious junk foods, but I'm fine having them just once in a great while and I don't feel upset about going long stretches of time without them. I'm used to black coffee now, I was already drinking unsweetened tea, and I'm considering giving up soda for the long haul (although even now, thinking about Diet Coke, I really want to drink one. Maybe with my burger).

Anyway, I'm singing Europe's classic '80s ballad and crossing my fingers for tomorrow's weights and measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment