Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I Don't Belong on Instagram. (Whole30v2, Day 9)

I've been trying to take pictures of my food. It seems like the whole Internet has unlocked the secret of delicious-looking flawless food photos, while mine are never lit properly and they show up all...weird.

However, while my photography skills are lacking, my cooking skills are certainly improving with all these meals at home!

Last night's dinner: blackened tilapia with green beans
Sometimes it takes way too long to prep (like tonight's Swiss chard) but I'm glad to be getting more adept at cooking healthy things, especially vegetables.
Leftovers are also a staple in my life, like this Kalua pig!

I'm proud to be able to cook for myself and Panda. I may not be a full-fledged adult in all aspects, but being able to cook a chicken is something I'm pretty pleased about.
The whole bird, resting as the greens cook

Half-chicken, carved to oblivion (need to take a knife skills class) with some Swiss chard Catalan.

Perhaps the photos are not all that appetizing...but trust me, my food definitely is. 

21 more days and I'll be drinking a glass of red wine, or perhaps Jameson, as I cook. I've missed that ritual. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment