Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Sweatshirt (Whole30v2, Day 17)

This morning I put on my U of O sweatshirt, which has always been a little snug but I really like it, and zipped it up. I noticed something weird but figured my brain just wasn't awake yet.

But then I figured out two things:

  1. It zipped up without being snug. It's not hanging off me but it fits fine and doesn't pull across my chest or tummy.
  2. The length is now weird.

I've noticed the length of my clothing changing more than the circumference. For example, one of my favorite dresses is now too long to wear without heels. I was pissed off all day about it because I thought a hem had come loose and I didn't want to have to sew it back up...then upon closer inspection I discovered the hem was fine. And I'm not getting shorter: the dress hangs "longer" because my girth is decreasing, and my midsection isn't pushing out as much, taking up some of the length, like it used to.

Which is great. But now things don't fit right. And my size is going to be changing a lot more (hopefully) in the next several months so I don't want to do any big alterations on my nicer clothes, or purchase nice new ones. So...I'm in the in-between "hobo" phase for clothing I guess. Heh.

I drank another strawberry-infused kombucha today. I need to make those a once-in-a-while thing because I could see those becoming a serious problem. They are delicious. I also tried roasted seaweed as a snack, which is...interesting. Not great but really not bad.

I feel like a complete idiot for scheduling a Whole30 through St. Patrick's Day. I will be treating myself to a nice glass of whiskey once this is over. You know. In honor of the old Saint, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment